About The Sustain Program
The Sustain Program is aimed at raising a new generation of young social entrepreneurs who are able to identify community-specific development issues and are empowered both intellectually and economically to provide long-lasting solutions that would alleviate poverty, and increase decent work and economic growth.
The Leadership program is a 3-month education for sustainable development program, in which our beneficiaries learn about underlying development problems. The program equips our beneficiaries with the technical know-how to create real impact in their community via for-profit and not-for-profit social initiatives. In doing so, they also acquire soft skills including presentation skills, team working, leadership and project management.
TSP Teaching Fellowship
Calling all change agents passionate about social transformation and impact – Join us in building Nigeria, community by community.
Are you a budding change-maker passionate about transforming Makoko through the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Are you determined to make a difference in Makoko? Are you willing to teach others to do the same?
Then you are the perfect candidate for this program. Apply to be a Teaching Fellow at The Sustain Program Makoko today!
We are on the search for change agents who have a burning desire to serve their community. Change agents who know that they play a part in the development of their community. Young people who have a track record of exemplary leadership in creating impact with whatever resources they have, and if given the opportunity, can become local multipliers of positive social impact in Makoko.
The Sustain Program Teaching Fellowship is a 6-month practically-oriented Fellowship program that equips change agents to become more effective ambassadors of social transformation, and equips them to teach the next generation of change-agents in their community.
Selected fellows will be offered an invaluable opportunity to receive in-depth training and empowerment on sustainable development and will be responsible for training and mentoring students in Makoko in understanding same, via a 3-month leadership course.
Fellows will diligently:
- Guide the students to identify and articulate community pain-points
- Teach them the process of social innovation and mentor them in designing indigenous project solutions to solve Makoko’s biggest problems.
- Invest in the growth of their proteges and facilitate weekly feedback loops for continuous improvement.
- The course will offer Fellows and students with the technical know-how, resources, and platform needed to be empowered and empower young people in innovating and executing solutions to issues plaguing Makoko.
Does this excite you? Do you want to be a vital part of ideating and leading transformational efforts in Makoko alongside Elevate Development foundation and some leading change-makers in Nigeria? Then this is not an opportunity you should pass up!
Here is our description of the ideal applicant for this fellowship:
- You consider yourself to be a change-maker, passionate about the development of your community and her people.
- You believe progress can be achieved in Nigeria and you are committed to contributing your time and abilities for this cause.
- You are results oriented with a positive attitude and a continued willingness to learn and adapt.
- You have a track record of demonstrating leadership and accountability
- You reside around Makoko/Yaba and are available to commit a minimum of 8 hours/week to the program from January – May 2021.
- Finally, you’re passionate about making Nigeria better and educating others to do same.
- Online Application Form
- Virtual interview
TSP Fellows will benefit from 6 months of free co-working space, mentoring, Elevate Development Foundation’s rich network as well as connections with relevant stakeholders in their target SDGs.
At Elevate, we are passionate, resilient and committed to building the Nigeria we want to see, starting from the grassroot.
Investing in people’s lives is our way of leaving our impact on the world.